Thursday, December 6, 2007

EBay....

Here it is, six days into the month of December and I haven't blogged at all! What is up with that? Well.....

Tiernan has been asking for a handheld computer game for Christmas. He has mentioned the Wii and a PSP but we are not ready for that, not sure he will actually use them, he has a V-Smile that only got played right after Christmas last year. So we were looking into getting a used system at the local computer store. They have GameCubes for $40.

Over Thanksgiving, I talked with my brother, the computer guy, and by this time Tiernan had made it clear that he really wanted a hand held game. We were looking at the ads, and all that I saw was the DS Lite, and I am NOT paying that much for a computer game for and eight year old. My brother mentioned that he might like the older GameBoy Advance SP, that there are still games for it, and that it might be easier for him to start with.

So I call the local game store, and they have used ones for $60. I search online, and find no new ones anywhere, but EBay has tons and tons of them, and the starting bids are as low as 99 cents! Okay, so the bargain hunter in my is aroused and off I go bidding on eBay. Now I have a limit in my mind, at this point it was $30 including shipping. Well, that didn't last long, it soon increased to $40 including shipping, and now it is up to $50 including shipping. If it goes above that, then I could just as easily walk into the mall and get the one's here for $60. I just want to get them cheaper! But so far, I have been the lead bidder up until about 2 hours before the end, when I get knocked out. I did manage to finally get one at $48 today....

Now, since we decided to go ahead and get Maeve one too, I still need to win one more! So if you don't see me blogging, look for me on eBay.....I'm hunting Christmas presents!

No comments: