Friday, December 14, 2007

Decaffeinated Corpse

Decaffeinated Corpse
by: Cleo Coyle
A Coffehouse Mystery - Book 5

Okay, so this is the first series that I every read in the Mystery Theme type. I found the first book in this series, read all that were available at the time and then branched out into the Tea Shop, Scrapbooking and other themed mysteries. That being said, I hold a found regard for this series because it started me on that journey, but even if I didn't I loved this book!

Clare Cosi, is the main charachter, and her development in the story as well as the flashback memories that help paint her personailty and determination are wonderful. He ex-husband Matt, daughter Joy and ex-mother in law, Madame are again in this book, as with all the books. Joy has a very minor role, only occuring in about two scenes in the book, but with her being an "adult" and doing an internship, this seems right. Detective Quinn is again in the mix, and this time he and Clare are becoming a little more than just working together people, but more along the lines of friends. I have loved watching the relationship between Clare and Mike Quinn develop through the series and am really looking forward to the next book and where they go from her.

The history of coffee, information about growing and processes are again wonderful and first rate! I think I enjoy this series for that reason alone almost. There is some great information about the growing of coffeee, how long it takes, the coffee wars and thefts, which is over anmd above the usual coffee brewing information and tips. As always there are the coffee and bakery receipes in the back which are wonderful. If you have never tried any of the reciepes you find in a book, I would suggest you try these. They are always great, altough I wasn't impressed with the Peanut Butter and Nutella Sandwich receipe, I mean really, who doesn't know how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Another fine read in this series and great for this holidays when you need something light to read to help destress.




No comments: