Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Loving Sports

Loving Sports here in the Midwest. I'm a big sports fan, what about you?

I know it's only April, but all I can think about is only four more months and football will start again! I love football, high school, college, NFL, even my son's little Upward Flag Football league. And my love of football is a little strange in that I was born and raised and still live in the land of basketball, Indiana. Yup, everyone around me loves basketball, and I can live with or without basketball, it is not a big deal to me. Now football, that is another story!

It's no wonder that football is my son's favorite sport, or that he has played flag football for two seasons now, and he is only in second grade. When football is on, we are watching every night of the week, Thursday (college games on tv), Friday (local high school games), Saturday (the local college), Sunday (NFL) and Monday (NFL). That leaves only two days of the week that we have to do without.

Not only do I love watching football, get a bunch of people together and I love playing football! What could be more fun on a cool fall day, than running and throw a football around, and what a great thing that families can do together, because even with four or five you can have a blast playing football in the yard, you don't have to have a full team. And what great exercise! I mean, have you tried to outrun an eight year old lately? It's not as easy as it sounds, and it's fun.

You know, sports are another way to get families involved with each other, and nothing is better for the development of young kids than to spend time with their parents, and sports helps us spend time with our kids, do fun things, learn and exercise all in one event. What more could you ask for?

So what about you? Do you like sports? What is your favorite?

No comments: