Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Freelance Writing

If you haven't figured this out yet, I am going to let you in on a little secret, I love to write! I love to read as well, and being able to write is just fun for me. I have always dreamed of writing a book, or at least supporting myself with my writing, but I never knew where to go or how to start.

I started my blog in the beginning because I was trying to sell my handcrafted items, and although I still make them and sell them, they are more a relaxation for me than a business. I still love to make them and that is the reward. As my attitude and thoughts changed, so this blog changed. I started talking more about family and the kids, thinking it would be good for my brothers who are in Kansas to see the kids and what is going on, but I can't get them to read them anyway, so it became more of my journal. The more I read about blogging and writing, the more I realized that I could take any topic and write on it, it would develop my skills as a writer and I would learn more.

Recently I found some freelance writing, online writing opportunities through this website, and although I am not sure of my skills at this point, I am so excited. The idea that I could one day be writing for other people, that I could learn and practice and get better at writing to the point that one day I might even be able to get that book in the back of my mind out and into print, that is just exciting.

Why do you blog? Do you tell a story, the story of your life and your family and your day, or do you blog to share information? Do you blog for the fun of writing or is it work? I love to hear from others, and that is one thing that is big to me, comments. That is how I get better as a writer and learn, comments from others. I would love to know why you blog, why you write and what you think. Thanks for sharing!


No comments: