Thursday, February 21, 2008

Knit Fast, Die Young

Knit Fast, Die Young
by: Mary Kruger
A Knitting Mystery

This is the second book in Mary Kruger's Knitting Series. The first book was "Died in the Wool", and I could have sworn that I have read it, because I had the second sitting at home to read, but after reading this book, I can tell you that I do not remember reading it at all.

The main charachter is Ariadne Evans, and yes I have no idea how to pronounce the name. I kept wanting to call her Adrianne the whole time. The other big charachter in the book is the detective, Josh Pierce, with whom we see Ariadne developing a relationship with.
Usually in these mystery series the main charachter gets thrown into a murde and investigates herself to the ire of the police, but in this case we actually see the detective turning to her for informaion and encouraging her sleuthing in the case, which is a big change from what I am used to in the books.

It was actually a good read, and there are two knitting patterns in the back of the book that are good. It was fun to read, but it really didn't dive into knitting as much as another Knitting Mystery Series I have read did. The other had alot more details about knitting, patterns and information about yarns and the whole culture in general of crafting, this was set in a knitting environment, but it could just as easily be set anywhere else with any other group, there was nothing that made it knitting specfic, to me.

All in all, I would recommend it to a friend for a light easy read on a snowy winter day.

Here is a link to the post where I listed this series and what information i had on it at the time. http://atammcreation.blogspot.com/2007/12/knitting-mystery.html



Use Buzzfuse* to easily rate, review, and share this item

No comments: