Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chirstian Politcal Party

Okay, normally I do not talk about politics and religion. I am more of the strong silent type, I prefer to have my actions do the talking for me. But I recently heard something that set my blood bubbling....

"Oh, well if your Christian then you have to be a Republician."

Okay now, you have to know that I was raised by my Dad, who is a life-long Independent to believe that you vote based on the person, what they stand for and what they are going to do, not on a party. I have always believed that, and I will vote for a person I believe can do the job reguardless of the political party they are listed under.

What makes me mad about that comment is that for some misguided reason, people seem to think Christianity and Repbulicians go hand in hand, and I can't for the life of me understand that. Okay, well the Republician do pander to the Christian community every election and they do tend to fall on the more christian side of abortion, but that is about it.
Think about it, the Bible talks about loving our neighbors and helping those in need. Who does that sound like to you? Think about it! I mean, when you go back in history and look at all the programs to help those in need, who started them (Democrats) and who cut funding (Republicians) and who reinstated funding (Democrats). If you really want to think about the higher calling of Christ and helping those around you then you have to side with the Democrats.

Now I will be the first to tell you that I think neither party complete enspouses Christian views, but when it comes down to it, quietly and without fanfare, some of the Democrats have more Christian values than alot of the Republicians that are out in front claiming to be Christians.

Moral of the story....it's not about the party! It's about the views and the ideals and what someone will do. It's not about the party, it's about the person and if your really take the time to look into the person, and not just believe every little story you find on the internet, then I think you have to side with your own values. Please, this year, vote with your heart, your conscience and your values and not with some policital label!

No comments: