Monday, May 17, 2010

Delayed allergic reaction, is that possible?

Of course over the past few days I have been talking about this "rash" or itching that has been occuring on each of my four incisions. Never had anything like this occur before in my life.
It started Friday with itching. Each of the incisions was itching like crazy, so I tried plain antibotic cream on them. Saturday they were still itching, but the skin around each one was getting red. Continued with the antibotic cream, but ended up taking Benadryl to get to sleep. Sunday morning they were still itchy, still red, but now they were puffy, so I switched to cortizone. Got up this morning, still itchy, still red, still puffy, so I called the doctor's office and they wanted to see me.
Turns out I am having a "delayed allergic reaction" to something that touched each incision during the surgery. Most likely something on the robot arms that were in each incision. Never heard of this before and defintely never had something like that occur before. So, I am continuing with the cortizone cream and Benadryl at night if needed for the itching. It should clear up in a couple of days, if not will be checking back with the dotocr's office.
On a postitive note, the incisions are healing wonderfully and looking great too. They are almost completely healed over, and it is not even a full two weeks post-op yet. Feeling pretty good about that too!

No comments: