Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hand Crocheted Sponge and Soapy

I have no idea if what I made is even done with a "legal" crochet stitch, but I did use a crochet hook and crochet cotton thread, and so I am calling it crocheted. I have no idea of the stitches and can't read a pattern to save my life, but I hope this looks good to everyone else.

First is a hand-crocheted sponge. This is a double thickness rectangle that has been crocheted, then later crocheted together. The sponge measures 5 1/4 inches across and 3 3/4 inches high.

This one is done in the yellow-orange-pink verigated cotton crochet thread. This is a bright fun color, great for everyone. Want it in a different color, check out my earlier posts for yasrns in my stash for a custom order.



Next we have what I am calling a Soapy. It is two rectangles of cotton yarn crocheted together, almost like the sponge above, but one end is left open to allow for a bar of soap to be slipped in between the two layers of crochet cotton.

This is perfect for washing younger kids, as the bar of soap can be slipped into the soapy, wet and then rubbed over the child. This keeps the bar of soap together, no matter how small it gets, and the soapy can be thrown in the washing machine anytime needed.

The soapy measures 5 1/2 inches across and 3 3/4 inches high, which fits a standard bar of soap. This particular one is again made with the pink-yellow-orange verigated cotton thread. Want another color, check previouis posts for yarn stash for a custom order.

Both the Sponge and the Soapy are priced at $3.00 each, with shipping to the US included. Shipping to canada, please add 50 cents. Want it shipped worldwide, ask me for exact costs.



No comments: