Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thought for the Day, October 4

So many of us live with depression and accept it without even realizing it. The good news is that God doesn't want us to live with these feelings. He wants us to have the joy of the Lord rise in us and chase away spirits of heaviness. God wants us to cry out to Him so He can lift us out of depression.

Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping. Th Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
Psalm 6:8-9

This is a difficult verse for me, as I have fought with depression much of my adult life steaming from my weight and low self-esteem. I daily have to remind myself that God is there and will easliy lift me out of the depression if I will only give him the chance. I need to turn to him, and he will make me happy.

No comments: